About the Firm
San Diego Lawyer Protects Best Interests of Families and Divorcing Spouses
Dedicated legal representation for domestic conflicts in Southern California
I founded the Law Office of Melissa J. Schmitt, A.P.C., in San Diego, in 2007 to help members of the San Diego County community get through some of the most challenging issues that anyone can experience. I take pride in advocating for the rights of parents and divorcing spouses so that they can reclaim their lives and safeguard their futures. With care and personalized attention, I will work with you to find solutions to the problems before you, whether you are dealing with a divorce, parenting disputes, family disagreements, domestic violence, or other life-altering events. My thorough understanding of California’s family laws and statutes will allow me to present a strong, strategic argument for your case.
Skilled California attorney knows the ins and outs of family law
My longtime focus on this branch of the law enables me to take on any legal issue that arises during mediation or trial. When you select me as your counsel, you can count on receiving:
- Highly regarded representation — The reputation of the lawyer by your side during negotiations and court appearances matters. Over the past decade, I have earned the trust and respect of judges, opposing counsel and clients throughout Southern California.
- Individualized attention — Every family is different, so I listen closely to your specific problems and take care in working to resolve them. I will provide detailed advice and carefully planned strategies that fit your case.
- Affordable services — The legal process is stressful enough without having to worry about excessive bills. I keep my services reasonably priced.
I am passionate about helping my clients throughout the entire legal process.
Areas of Practice
Assertive advocate takes on divorce and custody battles
Whether you are able to pursue an amicable resolution to your problems or are involved in a more contentious situation, I will fight for your rights and defend what you value most. I provide support for:
- Divorce, separation and palimony — A divorce or the end of a long-term relationship can result in significant complications when it comes to separating property, finances and debts. I can help you keep what you deserve.
- Parenting time and financial support — Agreements about child custody and child support can have a profound impact on a child’s future. I can help you make suitable arrangements for your family, and I handle modification of these agreements should circumstances change.
- Orders of protection — When your safety is at risk, you can’t hesitate to block the person who threatens you. I handle domestic violence and other personal welfare issues that require swift, decisive legal action. I also handle appellate law matters for clients who oppose the court’s rulings.
I have vast experience dealing with contempt of court orders related to the above issues and can present strong arguments for the enforcement of legal action in your favor.
Schedule your free, one-on-one family law consultation in San Diego
For help with a family legal matter, call the Law Office of Melissa J. Schmitt, A.P.C., in San Diego, at 619-794-0000 or contact me online